Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Pittsburgh Hotel Review: Omni Penn & Tacos


Hello!

Welcome back for another review! In order to change up things this time, I'm going to start with some food places that I've gone to in Pittsburgh! The first place is this taco place called Tocayo in this cute this shopping center area. There's like wide range of stores like Sephora and Banana Republic. I just went with a friend to grab some dinner.


I got the beef burrito bowl and it was amazing. The beef was done very well and the whole combination was delicious. The price of the bowl was pretty inexpensive. 


My go-to place when I visit Pittsburgh is Bae Bae's Kitchen. I'm utterly obsessed with this place! The Korean fried chicken is a must try! They also give decent size portions. Also the bulgogi has won me over so I'll get that if I'm not feelin the chicken. I also choose the noodles or japchae to go with the dish, super delicious. For side dishes (banchan), I try to get kimchi or seaweed salad. The side dishes do change so it depends. 


Of course there is starbucks everywhere but I also try to go to Rock and Joe's cafe to grab a cup of coffee and yogurt. They also have artisan drinks if you get selected ones. Not a bad alternative to my starbucks lovers. 



Omni Penn Hotel

First let start with parking situation so for those who don't drive there can just skip. There is a garage that is across the street however the entrance is on another street. you have to drive around the different floor before you get to the spot and the spots were very tight. People do choose to park there for game days. It was a hassle to park there so I valeted overnight. 

I went there on a super busy night so the lobby was filled with so many people. The place is big. They have a nice grand lobby. The architecture of this hotel was very pretty. There was the Starbucks there but the staffs gave me a vibe that they were so impatient with me. 

Room

The first thing I saw when I walked into the room was that there was powerstrips on the floor near the bed. you can obviously tell that this hotel was old. The window was also very tiny.


The desk was ok but since it was like a glass top it seems to be a bit dirty.


The bed was ok. There was also a sofa chair nearby that I could place my stuff on which I liked. I didn't have a good night sleep as the walls were thin and I could hear the outside people talking/walking. Additionally, my room must have been near a generator because I could hear a humming noise all night and also when the other people using the water I could hear that too. That's a big deal for me considering that I wake up at 6:35am and that night I had a team event so I didn't sleep till at least 11:30-midnight. 


The toilet area was small but just like any standard hotel but not smaller than the Kimpton Allegro. The bathroom toilettes were cute and I had to grab them before I left. 



Overall 1/5

It wasn't a terrible hotel but there was many things that I didn't like about it. The negative aspects of it really overshadowed any good parts of this hotel. I wouldn't stay there again if I could.

Hope my review was helpful!

XOXO

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment