Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Chicago Hotel Review: Aloft


Hello Hello!

Before my week trip training in Chicago during the month of September, I actually went their a day two days earlier to walk around the city. Also during this time I got super sick which was a bummer. 

I stayed at Aloft hotel which is a part of the Marriot. The location was decent with restaurants nearby. Also the hotel is very close to Northwestern University I think. The location of the hotel is very close to the intersection so beware that your uber driver can get confused so I recommend entering the hotel's address when getting a uber instead of solely relying on location services. The hotel itself was modern rustic type of feel. I did not check out the fitness center. 

Room


The first thing I see when I walk in is the sink which the toilet and shower is separated by a door. The sink area is well lit and the counter has good amount of space. 


This is the bed which faces a tv and there was plenty of little stools. Standard bed and nothing too special. The downside for aloft hotels are the thin walls and you can pretty much hear whats going in the halls. 


This is no closet instead you can hang your clothes on the bar on top of these drawers above. The room itself is conservative of space and simple.


My favorite thing about the entire room must be this sitting area. It is perfect for relaxing or working. 

Overall: 4/5

I surprisingly like this hotel. The location is ok and the style of the room I liked. 

Around the City


I took a SoulCycle class! 


I went to see the band's visit at Cadillac Palace! We got cheap $15 tickets so we were super far from the stage and it was hard to see. The next time I got the chance to watch the show I got closer seats and was able to see al the performers faces clearly.


One of the places that I liked is Eataly. A fun Italian food location that had various Italian restaurants inside. The places there were casual and the food was yummy!

I probably would've enjoyed my stay at Chicago a lot more if I wasn't sick.  Hoping that you enjoy reading about my review and have a lovely Christmas!

XOXO

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment