Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Chicago Hotel Review: Kimpton Allegro


(sunset at Navy Pier)

Hello!

This is a late post as I meant to have it up earlier but I forgot about it until now. The experiences are still the same as I am going to talk about my time at Chicago. So I've been to Chicago around 4 times thus far and I've gone to the city during various times of the year.



Hotel

I always think that with a new year there comes new opportunities. I started off 2018 by actually going to work. This is my first actual real job. Right off the bat on January 2nd, I went to my local office orientation then later than day I flew to Chicago. This is my first time being in the city so I was still excited even though it was a bit chilly. I stayed at Kimpton Hotel Allegro. This hotel is a part of HGI just an info for those who likes to collect reward points. Location wise it is right next to a theater (Connor Place).  They do not offer self-parking so if you do drive in you have to valet. You have to use the stairs or the elevators to get to the lobby. The lobby area is very nice with plenty of space and chairs to sit at. There is a bar area as well as a connecting restaurant. It's interesting that they do not do room service. They have a small fitness center that was renovated in 2018 but nothing too special. They do not have a coffee maker in the rooms instead they have a pretty decent coffee/tea bar in mornings so perfect to grab and go. Additionally, a feature that have specifically is free champagne during 5-6 every day! That's definitely a pro as I am all for free champagne.


The room is very small if you stay in a single but the bed is your standard size. There are even two large accent pillows as well as a smaller one. They have a small area and the rooms in general are pretty quiet which is important to me.


The bathroom is quite tight as you can see the sink is right next to the toilet. There's no much counter space to put your things. 


It had everything that I need in a hotel room so not too much to complain about. Additionally, the bathroom has robes if you choose to wear.


The hotel allowed dogs so we saw a lot of them. The dog above is Sherman and he was super well behaved. I got pet him and see him during the last day I stayed at the hotel.

Overall 4/5

I would stay in this hotel again. The amenities are sufficient, the rooms are quiet, and champagne. The location is pretty good except a bit farther from shopping and food places. A good location to stay at if you like to see plays/musicals!



Don't let this picture fool you. It was very cold when I was there probably about 5-10 degrees. The city was pretty though.

Giordano's


One of the recommended foods to try in Chicago is the deep dish pizza!


How could I not get deep dish pizza at Chicago? It was an experience and pretty good but not a cheese person. I actually prefer Lou Manati's deep dish pizza. 


The river splits up the city into two sides and that reminds me of Dublin. 


A super cold day, there's a nice ferris wheel in which you can see the scenery really well in Navy Pier.


Couple of my coworkers suggested Yolk so we went there for breakfast. They were well equipped with your usual sausage, bacon, and pancakes.


Of course how could I miss the bean.


One thing I enjoy to do to in a new city is to look up places in instagram and go there! This hot chocolate place is what I've seen in pics and it was way too sweet for me so looks so cute!

That's it for this post. You'll see more hotel reviews rollin in for these next couple of months :)

XOXO

-M


No comments:

Post a Comment