Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Pittsburgh Hotel Review: Distrikt Hotel Pittsburgh, Curio Collection by Hilton

Hi!

Distrikt Hotel Pittsburgh, Curio Collection by Hilton

This hotel is farther from where I usually stay at and a little bit more remote. There isn’t a lot in the area but there is a couple of food places down a block. It’s also fairly easy to get to since the street that I used wasn’t super busy. This have this little turnaround and makes it convenient to valet. However, the valet is really slow and I had to sit in my car for 3-5 minutes before I saw a valet employee. There is a garage that is next to the hotel that you can self-park. The hotel used to be a Salvation Army building so the architecture of it is very unique. There is nice small lobby area and there was a random seating area out in the front. I think it is considered a boutique hotel. I didn’t use the fitness center but they did have one. There was also vending machines that were right outside the fitness center.

Room:It was a spacious room with a closet out in the front instead of a walk-in one. There is complimentary k-cups for coffee and two bottles of water. I also appreciated that the glass cups were wrapped in plastic so it was kept clean. The bed was spacious and the entire bed was actually super comfortable. The downside is that the room that I got had this ticking noise overtime the heat was on, the walls were thin and I hear what was going on outside, and the fridge didn’t work. The bathroom was standard and I don’t know why the toilet seat was up. 

Overall: 3/5

I would be ok staying there but it would not be my first choice. The experience wasn’t terrible but there were things that could be better. 





My least favorite part of the whole experience of staying at this area was the lack of food places nearby. I went down a couple of streets to go to this Thai food. The street that this place was at was dark and remote. The Thai place was really small and definitely like the hotel in the wall experience.  The walls was patched up by cardboard. There was only one staff working who cashiered, waited tables, and cooked. They did give decent size portion and was inexpensive. 



This is some sort of roll and it was pretty dry. The dipping sauce was ok.


I ordered a standard pad thai with beef and this was the worst choice. The sauce was sweet like kitchen but the taste was so strange. I've eaten pad thai before and I didn't know that I dislike pad thai so much until I had this dish. I would rate this place a 0/5 and will never go back to get food. I also will not disclosing the name of the place but you can probably search it up if you find the hotel. 

Hope my reviews give you a good picture of what to expect :) 

XOXO

-M


No comments:

Post a Comment