Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Pittsburgh Hotel Review: Fairmont

Hello Hello!

Wow haven't posted anything for super super long. I've been super busy with life so I've decided to do some post on my recent travels to Pittsburgh for work. I've probably gone to Pittsburgh every week in October and majority of November. So far I've stayed at three different hotels. Today I'm just going to give a quick review at my favorite one! I've also traveled to NYC, Seattle, and Chicago this year so I might do a review on those as well but probably not until a lot later. My post may be a little more choppy and have some grammatical errors as I am writing this at 11pm at night and also have a slight headache.

One of the my favorite aspect this hotel is the location. It is located at the right on Market Square where all the food places are! There food places ranging from McDonalds to fancy Italian restuarant thats all in one spot. It is considered a more upscale hotel in the area. I typically drive it so that also a factor to consider. They have both self-parking and an underground garage which I really appreciate. I'm a young female in an unfamiliar city so I would rather be safe then dead. Valet is around $35-$40/night and self-parking is $30. I prefer self-parking as sometimes I don't bring everything that I need out of car so it is very easy for me to go back if I self-park. The garage is right under the hotel as opposed to the other hotels that I have stayed at in the area that have the garage across the street or down the street. The garage is well-lit and the spots are easy to get to. Once you get to the elevators just go up and you will get to the lobby.

The fitness center is located on the 3rd floor as well as the spa. The fitness center is one of the most well equipped ones that i have stayed. There are glass walls that you can view the city as you work out and the place itself is pretty large. In addition to the usually treadmills and ellipticals there is also spinning bikes. My favorite gym machine has to be the stretching station which I have not seen before in other places. The center provides both wet and dry towels. 

Room




The bed picture you see is the deluxe king. It is nice and pretty comfortable. I don't know why they have their magazine and remote on the table trays on the bed which I find annoying and move it out of the way each time. The best thing about the room is that it is quiet. I'm tired afraid a day of traveling then work so I really appreciate a nice quiet room. Fairmont doesn't have all the floors in the building so majority of the rooms are higher up which means less noise from the outside. Majority of the guests are business women and men therefore they are quiet during the night as everyone has to go to work the next morning and there are no kids running around making noises. 


There's is a nice wide desk area for you to work at if you so do wish. For the room that i usually stay at there is also a single sofa chair next to the bed. The room has very nice floor to ceiling windows which are so lovely to have the city view in the mornings or at night. 


There is a little drinks area that i would say. As you can tell from the picture there is a water heater and a keurig. K-cups are located in the drawers as well as cups. The one thing that I did notice was the mugs/glass cups were a bit dusty so i usually rinse before using. There also have a stocked snacks and alcoholic beverages section if you want to have it charge on the room. It's nice that it is convenient but I didn't like how all the drinks took up the entire fridge so i couldn't put anything in it. 


The first thing i immediately noticed about the bathrooms is how huge it was. There's also a bath and shower separately. The table counters are so long so i can spread out everything in the mornings. Then they have the usual amenities like soap and shampoo. I liked how they have mouthwash as well. I don't usually use a bathrobe but they do provide it as well. 

I can to stay it on a standard rate because I stay there for work and the company that i work for has a contract with this hotel. I just did a quick look up and this hotel is about $229/night. you can stay at a cheaper hotel but keep in mind that this is a five-star hotel. Also I'm there for work and not for funsies so its very important for me to be comfortable. I've stayed at this hotel for 3 times and the other times i didn't because i couldn't book it.

Overall 5/5

I had a great time staying at this hotel for all my three stays hence its my favorite. I would recommend staying at this hotel as it is perfect for work or for leisure. I have included a link below if you want to check it out! 

https://www.fairmont.com/pittsburgh/?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

No comments:

Post a Comment