Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Chicago Hotel Review: Hyatt Place

Hi!

It's that time again for another review! I typically stay at the Kimpton Allegro since it's the closest to my work when I'm in Chicago. This time due to a suggestion from a coworker I decided to stay at Hyatt Place. I've had a good experience staying at a Hyatt when I went to Seattle. Another reason as the hotel is close to my work as well. The street that the hotel is one is not very populated. Similar to the other Chicago hotels there is valet available. One thing that I did notice right away at the reception desk is that they used a laptop to check-in guests which is different than what I see at a typical hotel. The lobby area is quite small and the business center is right behind a wall. As a Hyatt member you get two free bottles of water per a night as well as free breakfast in the morning. The fitness center is nice as there are floor to ceiling windows and TV screens on all the treadmills and ellipticals. It's pretty small overall but sufficient for a good work-out. 

Room


The room that I got was a king bed and they gave my an accessible room which made it every larger. There is a semi-separate sleeping area which is very nice but I didn't utilize as much and only put my stuff there.


The bed itself was large and the windows were floor to ceiling stretching from the bed area to the bathroom sinks. The downside of having these windows was the bed was very close and you can see the office building next door very clearly. I had to keep the blinds down for the most part. The room was quiet and I slept very well.


This is the desk area and as you can see there is a small coffee maker. There is nothing very special and it's pretty standard. 


There was two sinks in this area and the toilet and shower stalls are behind the door which is not shown in the picture. The shower part was also a tad bit weird just because there's no ledge between the shower and the bathroom floor but I assume that feature is because that it is an accessible room. The face towels though were very soft. 


I haven't been to a hotel yet that offers complimentary breakfast bar like this one. I love it! There was eggs, potatoes, and bacon available as hot foods. There's your typical yogurt, bagels, bread, and oatmeal. I love oatmeal and they have a variety of toppings as well as fruit. For beverages, they have a coffee, tea, and juices. 

Overall: 5/5

The complimentary breakfast really got me. The rooms were huge and there's nothing really bad that I could say about this hotel. Definitely recommend staying there! 





This was the first time that I stayed in Chicago in November! There was a little German Christmas market nearby so I couldn't resist in getting this mug. There had a variety of handmade items for sale but since most were Christmas ornaments I skipped out. 


My dinner was the lobster roll and clam chowder from Luke's Lobsters. I love eating lobsters and this is pretty much my to-go place when I got to Chicago and want a place to get food to eat at my hotel. 

Hoping that my hotel experience is helpful! Maybe my last post before the New Year but we'll see :)

XOXO

-M


No comments:

Post a Comment