Saturday, January 9, 2016

Summary of 2015

At the beautiful gazebo located downtown in my city
Hello!

My winter break has finally ended and I'm heading back to school today. For my sorority we have recruitment bootcamp Saturday and Sunday. Basically this half of the year has been decent.

School related things:
After numerous applications in the end I was able to get 6 interviews: 4 accounting position practicums, 1 finance summer internship, and 1 finance and accounting summer internship. I received 1 offer from the finance and accounting position so I will have a place to intern at for the summer!

As for classes I did ok but not as well as I hoped for but I will try harder this semester to improve my grades. I can't believe that this semester will be be last semester taking core classes needed for my major. Next fall I will be finishing up my undergrad classes which includes capstone and electives. I also need to declare my finance minor and apply for the masters program.

Winter break:

This break I was able to hangout of with my friends from high school. Everyone seemed to be doing well. We went to the new Bdubs and the wings were spicy but overall a great experience.

The wings I got were had the honey BBQ sauce

 I went to Wholefoods recently because my brother wanted orange juice. I was really craving chocolate so I picked up a bar.

I really like this dark chocolate. Since it was only 56%, the taste wasnt very bitter.

The bakery section I can only look but not buy
 I'm so happy to be able to buy cupcake from Babycakes again :D

Butter Pecan: buttery taste and I loved the pecans

Strawberry Champagne: very smooth and the frosting was very glossy
 On the day after Christmas we went to the outlet mall to see if there was any sales.  I got this bright vest and a grey cardigan. The vest is super warm because it is made from down and also it was half off and the cardigan is a nice thick material.

Vest: Nike
Cardigan: Tommy Hilfiger
 Of course every time I come back I have to go to the mall. I was able to get two similar dresses from H&M. One is a half sleeves black dress while the one is sleeveless dark blue. I don't remember the cost of each dress but my total was under $27. Me and my sister also dropped by Gloria Jean's to get some chillers. I got my usual ultimate cookie chiller which was delicious as always. I posted the picture below on instagram and got featured on the Gloria Jean's instagram page :D

Left: Ultimate Cookie Chiller
Right: Macadoodle Chiller
 Awhile back after the last week of classes my boss and her assistant treated me and my co-workers to lunch, We went to this restaurant that was on campus. The food is decent but not my favorite place to go.

philly steak with no mushrooms and sweet potato fries
I was able to meet up with my best friend from high school and we got crepes as usual. You've probably seen this crepe before in my blog.

Fruit Lovers Crepe
To end this post off I will include my 2016 goals.

  • Fitness: to get a abs
    • workout once a week
    • utilize my yoga mat
    • eat healthy (severely limit junk food)
  • School: not get a "C" in any classes
    • use Friday evenings as study hours
    • go to prof. office hours
    • not getting behind in readings
  • Career: find a part time accounting related internship for the school year 
    • check cwrulink frequently
  • Friends: to keep in contact with old friends while try to meet new people
  • Financial: budget
    • limit online shopping
    • severely limit take outs (no kenko, no chipotle)
    • work more hours 
    • resist temptations and think carefully
I hope you all have a beautiful 2016!

XOXO

M

1 comment: