Monday, July 7, 2014

Pooh & Eeyore Acrylic Painting

(iced caramel macchiato)

Hi,

So I recently got some canvas to paint on with the acrylic paints. I'm painting a minnie mouse picture for my dorm next semester. I'm going to paint a pooh and eeyore for my sis. Today I'm going to list my journey in creating this picture. I only used acrylic paint and a acrylic white canvas. Both of these you can buy at your local craft store. I chose acrylics because I have used this medium before in a class. Its very good for layering and I like the vibrancy. For the brushes I used different sizes and I bought them at various places. Definitely invest in a good brush because I noticed that once of my bigger brushes started to shed. Different fine brushes are also a good investment if you want details.


Since I am not creative what-so-ever google is my best friend. Above is the original image where I based my painting of. I was going to used a more mature looking pooh but my sister preferred this baby one so I used this pic instead. 

Day 1

I made a simple sketch of the picture first. Usually if I were to paint something I would draw it out first because my ability is limited. I don't want to paint something if I know that I wouldn't be able to make it look semi-decent. 

Day 2

This is using a pencil to make a simple sketch. I started to draw it but it ended up being the blown up version of the original picture. I think that its quite difficult to estimate the distance between pooh and eeyore so i sketched a outline of the picture first. Also I wanted to make sure that this is what my sis wants before I started to paint.

Day 3

I outlined the pencil sketch with black acrylic paint. Similar to the original pic there was a black outline of the two characters. Outlining was so much easier because I had already sketch out the picture first. As you may or may not noticed I didn't used the layering technique for this particular painting.

Day 4

Now I start to color in the picture. I had limited colors at that time so i had to make my own purple for eeyore's ears. I'm quite satisfied with the result. I realized at this point that if you are going to paint a colorful big picture definitely buy variety of colors. Even if the color is easy to create with your primaries it's extremely different to recreate the same shade if you run out.

 Day 5

I have colored in pooh. Ignore my feet at the bottom I forgot to crop it out. From far away I think it looks quite lovely. Please note that I labeled each pic by days I didn't finish this painting in 6 days. This probably took me two weeks to-do because some days I just did touch-ups and very minor changes.

Day 6

Now I have finished the painting by filling in the background and doing touch ups. Originally I wanted to more with the background but I decided to not make it look too "busy" and kept it simple.

Now that i'm done I'm currently starting a new project. Look out for it in future posts!

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day :)

Love,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment